- Was ultra-late from my connecting flight from equally cluster-fucked Baton Rouge.
- Ran — barefoot for better speed — from one gate to the other (about a 1/2 mile)
- Arrived at my gate to SEE my plane SITTING THERE and being told that I was too late.
- Feverishly tried to get a hotel room as they evaporated all over town right before my eyes.
- Finally getting maybe the last hotel room in Houston, on my own dime, and payng out nearly $200 for the privilege.
- Being told by several locals that my experience sounded like a typical day at Bush Intercontinental.
So, lord, I will try in the future to avoid Houston.