Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Framing the Shot – Carnegie Center



Setting up a shot for Jan Isenhour, the director of the Carnegie Center. The building has those titanic columns but I wanted contrast, and found it in this insane "art lectern" (maybe 75 lbs. and gangly) that they own. I sweet-talked a maintenence guy into helping me haul it outside and down the stairs, and then played peekaboo with the Sun. I'm afraid there's a "crazy dictator" aspect to this frame, but hopefully Jan's genteel nature can remedy that. Alert eyes will notice my new BFF, the Canon remote, in my right hand, tripping the shutter. (for Business Lexington's "Leading Women of Central Kentucky 2011" series, due out in May)

2 comments:

Rona Roberts said...

I adore all the insider photos re your Woman Shoot.

Mick Jeffries said...

thank you! I think it's extra fun to do that.