Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Portrait of Paki (or maybe Jelani)

The most amazing visit I've ever had with a Louisville Zoo gorilla. I was literally the only guest at the zoo on this brisk winter day, and got to spend some quiet time with the residents of the gorilla house (and the giraffe house, also marvelous).

I got my friend here to come over and hang out with me, just inches away, on the other side of the glass. Magical. I won my friend's attention by accessing my inner ape. (thanks, Dian Fossey).

I thought this was Paki, but it may be Jelani. (you decide here)

THANK YOU for visiting with me! I made this portrait for you on the iPhone using the apps Vintage Picture & Tiffen Cool Effects, even though you probably don't surf the web much. This is actually a "straight" photo, not a collage, though it looks that way. The extraneous imagery is just reflections in the glass. This gorilla was just inches away from me. As I said… magical.

No comments: