Tuesday, May 18, 2010

» Ted Turner helps Bluegrass Conservancy celebrate The Bluegrass and Beyond

I had the great delight recently of photographing an event for the Bluegrass Conservancy where I got to see some of the Big Guns of land conservation, and hear their pitch to other area landowners. I'll tell you this: I would have signed my acres right over (were I to have any) after hearing Libby Jones speak.

Here's what the Herald Leader's Tom Eblen had to say: (excerpt)

"Atlanta media mogul Ted Turner was in Woodford County tonight to help the Bluegrass Conservancy celebrate the milestone of putting 10,356 acres of the region’s land under conservation easements.

Turner, the founder of Cable News Network, attended a reception to honor the more than 50 landowners who have volunteered to permanently protect their farmland with conservation easements, and a dozen or so others who are thinking about it. The reception was at Woodburn Farm on Old Frankfort Pike near Midway, one of the Bluegrass’ grandest antebellum mansions."

Read more on Tom Eblen's blog, The Bluegrass and Beyond
(and thanks to Tom for including two of my photos in his post)

No comments: